Saturday, July 8, 2006

...25-7...

...7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 24, 25…

in 1994 i started my university life being a snob and egoistic maniac with the air of a pj-born boy. i was remarked by daniel, a senior not to be such a snob and be part of the family. and indeed his words changed my life. two years later, i was introduced to incovar by carol. that was way back in 1996. incovar re-enforce daniel’s remarked on me and 10 years later, 20 camps afterwards i was known as bapa incovar – father of incovar.

ten years is indeed a very long time. my involvement in incovar has only been in the programme team and later leading the entire team as an executive committee in the main board of bgf. taking a step further, being the father has brought me even further to, thailand, singapore, korea and taiwan as the consultant of experiential learning camp and character development for youth. now holding the position as assistant secretariat general for youth development under the umbrella of wfby, i am indeed honored. gaining an honorary membership to the ybat under the royal patronage of thailand is indeed the highest recognition.

to my family, incovar means i have late nights meeting twice a week. to my colleagues, incovar means i will be taking 4 days of leave a year to somewhere nobody knows. to my close friends, incovar means my passion my life. and to my fellow incovarians, incovar means family. i have grown in this family, from a little naïve programmer to a programme coordinator to the executive committee and now bapa incovar. today, everyone calls me bapa incovar. cheeonn no longer exists. and now i have the tepuk bapa incovar.

incovarians are all over the world. we have more than a thousand incovarians around the world, from malaysia to australia, thailand, korea, india, japan and china. being the father has its ups and downs. to support such a big family needs a lot of passion and commitment. a lot of love, care and compassion. a lot of the incovar spirit to keep you going. a lot of support from each other.

living incovar means living a balance life. this is the life i chose. this is the path i take. and this is my inspiration.

...because at incovar we inspire ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous SauPing said...

Well, may be both of you are city boy and hence, tend to observe whether or not having "city" characteristic.
To be honest, I personally do not feel that you have such "remarkable" behaviour and reality proves that you are still well accepted by us.

July 9, 2006 at 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Annice said...

ooopps... or you already had...

July 9, 2006 at 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Annice said...

my god .... get a galfriend to share your life !

July 9, 2006 at 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Jyon said...

...thks ping. i am glad to be accepted there and its great to be there too. being a pj boy really made me see the bad side of me and see the good side of me when i am in varsity. daniel's advice i will always remember and carol's persuasion for me to join incovar i will always cherish. cos these two people has changed alot how i think...

July 14, 2006 at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home