Thursday, July 6, 2006

...because @ incovar we inspire...

...i was so stressed out from work. i had to cancel my first day of the camp to rush back to work. stuck in the server room with wern tien whole day. i missed my session with keng yan which he planned for me. i missed dinner and breakfast twice during the camp. i ate very little. seriously, i was really hungry. i was totally stress out from compiling videos, writing scripts and controlling crowd. i was really exhausted. and yet i have the most wonderful time in my life. 25idc has given me so many great memories and kept my energy level going and makes me feel motivated. it brought back to life the meaning of incovar again. i was alive again.
clarity of truth, charity of joy. silver jublilee celebration. a simple camp with enormous love. i had a confusing time trying to adjust myself and to a group name which was named after me. suddenly i heard everyone calling onn onn team. and i tot fred was calling me. doh me. then everyone shouted we are onn onn but not chee onn. how on earth do they associate onnonn team name with chee onn.
i brought kirk to the camp, knowing very well that he will be able to inject alot of fun, humour and excitement. with him around, the camp will not be dull and boring. indeed, with him came along a whole package of fun and gila gila gang, and all the kelompok in his room, they can say anything to everything. nite chat with these guys brings me back to my younger days. it was fun being their bapa incovar there. never in my life i have heard so many cheers before, from tepuk leng chai, to tepuk leng lui, comes tepuk bapak pulak. hahaha, referring to me, bapa incovar. and then there were tepuk baby! walioa these people.
incovar we inspire. hahaha. i made everyone say that in a very farnee, different and original method. i went round with my camera recording everyone, asking them to pose and do some original incovar we inspire. the response was gengz. with a pyramid formation style to leng lui soft pose and a hand twist. wow these guys are very the gengz. when they see me with a camera, automatically they will pose, smile and say incovar we inspire. hmm, at least we made a permanent mark in their mind that @ incovar, we inspire.
ruben came to the camp. i invited him over to check us out. and indeed he came all the way from cheras. thks ruben. it was great having u there. we talked alot of stuff that nite. seems like we were long lost fren and kept chatting up with conversation. anyway, ruben slept over and left the next morning. hahaha, didnt really check out the people also in the camp.
our 25th silver jubilee celebration was indeed memorable. 25th camp and still growing and continue to inspire the people around the world. alex ended the camp with a very high note of the ever inspiring incovar. mj laughing all the way. fred was fred. kns and elsf presence were wonderful. qm's arrangement very structured until i didn get much food. programmers were a whole lot of stressful and made me tensed. but fred was there. publicity team working in and out preparing for the silver jubilee. and i was just their bapa. complaining alot!!!
i had a great time. first time, i didnt have a role. i was not the exco. not the programmers. i was just there as their bapa incovar. it just felt so great. and it dawned on me that, hei i am way pass thirty and i am still with the young ones. maybe that is what kept me looking young. heck, calvin my new colleague said i am 26! being the assistant secretariat general for youth development, fully given the authority to plan and execute plans for youth development, not only in malaysia but the world i feel glad to be given this opportunity to serve. incovar will go regional. incovar will reach out to the world. and i will be there to make it happen. and truly...
...because @ incovar, we inspire...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home