Saturday, March 4, 2006

...screw-driver day...

...2march-3march 2006. kevin went to visit poli perlis, poli jitra and poli seberang prai while i visited ilp jitra and ilp ipoh. all are in the north region. save cost, travel together...
things that happened while on this biz trip::

a. almost lost my hp.
b. did a hands-on cum presentation session to mohr.
c. screwed kiosk vendor - touch screen fella.
d. screwed kiosk vendor - virtual keyboard fella.
e. screwed kiosk vendor's boss

hands-on session ::
to over 40 ketua pengarah and pegawai kanan of the ministry of human resources in jitra. my session was at 4pm-6pm but ended at 630pm. at first i was terrified cos so many ketua pengarah. its either i do well or sucks badly. so i prayed and made aspiration just before the session. and my good karma saved me.
i think i did well. with the help of my guardian angel, wern tien standby in ciast the entire morning till 6pm, everything went well, no operation time-out error or channel-communication problem. phew. wern tien really did well this time. he put in all the data that i require, solved all the errors which was like bugging me for the whole week, solved my duplicate records, cleaned the database and above all stood by me there (though 500km away) but i really appreciate it.
and this presentation will not be successful without him. of course with kevin who drove all the way there and waited almost an hour for my presentation to finish. i believe we made an impression to all the ketua pengarah and i think i have answered most of their questions. i even managed to let each of the ketua pengarah do a hands-on session to 4 main processes : application, manage application, enrolment and collection. 40+ of them managed the whole processes until collection and they all left with a happy smiling face. thats when i notice, i did make an impression on them. so proud of myself. but whatever problems comes later, we worry later.

screwed kiosk vendor ::
1. vendor gave us wrong cd to install the touchscreen software
2. vendor did not answer my call when i called him 3 times. he claims he did not see any miss calls or received any calls. yes, i called the right number. if he can say like that, then i have nothing else to say to them.
3. i was at jitra, which is like over 500km away from kl and they gave me a wrong cd for installation. he said he will email me and then guide me thru phone to install. he mailed to the wrong email. and when i called again, and checked if he emailed correctly, then onli i found out wrong email.
4. ilp jitra system admin had to miss his bus (jitra off on fri) to be with me to solve the problem, but kenot solve.
5. another case in ilp ipoh. vendor say immediate action to give me the activation key when i sms him the key to activate the software. sms him, but no reply. sms second time, still no reply. third time sms, also no reply. after 30min, i called him, no answer. called again 5 min later, also no answer. resorted to call his boss. boss answer and say, tht guy might be somewhere got no line. d'oh how protective.
6. i received the reply at abt 1030pm. he said he left his hp at home. LAME. and he will give me the activation key the next morning. HELLO. i already said i am back in kl and that i cant be there to wait for him in ipoh. yet he still give me that crap of asking me for activation key. d'oh how stupid can one be.
7. he even threaten me the next morning saying that i need to give him the key asap. i was so furious that when i replied, and i wanted to reply to show that i am furious, i asked him to settle with his boss and gimme a solution.


ok. i screwed so my vendor. sometimes hoping they will go fly uncle charlies kite and out of business for having such bad services. good thing or bad thing. dem! a frustrating weekend for me. the day i screwed so many people and appreciated so many helpful souls!
arghh...hope this week will be a better one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home