Friday, September 28, 2007

...when countup=0...

...been counting for 8 years and 9 months. the counting is finally up. today is my last day in this company. today i shall leave this place, a place i called my second home. deep in my heart, i am already crying. but on the more superficial side of me, yea, i am transparent. everyone can see my sadness. my heart breaks into pieces leaving behind my team who have struggled the hard times with me. but their laughter, their smile, their perseverance brought my heart back to one piece.

my dearest buddy wt have organized 3 beautiful and memorable dinner for me. first was with a few x’s at haven. with beautiful music and great food, we had so much fun chatting away and snapping pictures with each other. loon bought us dinner that night. the second dinner was at friday’s. everyone was having fun bitching around and talking on a high pic about the cats and dogs while constantly keeping an eye on the kpi’s of our dear friend, the double o smiley. surprisingly we were able to get ong up on the chair and sang us all happy birthday! the night did not just end but continued to mamak with wt and kevin and we retired home to bed at almost 2am. the third and final dinner was with the x’s as well but a different group. wt knows it all. he knows the in and out of my style and me. we had korean bbq at 1u with the few people that really meant a lot to me. the burning sensation of the bbq made my tears fill even faster than the concorde that flew across the world. i did not cry.

but the hardest was leaving the company ground that evening. wt and ong have made a memory book for me. i didn’t want to read it on the spot nor look at it because it will surely make me cry. wt gathered the rest of the colleagues in the poolroom and sang auld lang syne. you know the auld lang syne; which especially became so meaningful at that particular moment. you know how easily i can cry and this song didn’t make it any easier on me. i tried so hard to keep the tears from coming out. and believe me, it is hard. i resorted to change the whole situation into a happy one because i did not want to cry infront of everyone. i just laughed and joined in the singing and was having fun with it. their singing has successfully forced a few drops of tears coming out from my eyes.

after the 3rd dinner organized by wt, we went back to the office. wt and ong accompanied me for my final walk around the office. at almost 1.30am and the cold wind began to blow, wt and ong walked with me to the back and to the tea house area. i just stood there looking for the final time the place i called my second home. both of them understood how i felt and just left me stood there for a moment. all the memories flashback to mind. over 4 million minutes of my youth. how do we measure every minute of it? am i glad that it is all over?

the final goodbye. i waved goodbye to the office i once called my second home, the place i helped decorated, the place filled with memories, the place i grew up with. i went home and cried the whole night reading the memory book that was specially put up by ong and wt for me. my memory with these people will always have a special place in my heart.

my journey does not end here. the distance to travel is for sure a long one. and i am sure with the superhighways that these best buddy of mine is helping to build; mile after mile after mile, the journey will be a smooth and great one. to these great people (you know who you are) thank you for bringing light to my life...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

All the best to you, Mooi....

It was a pleasure working with you, not to mention sharing a room with you at ICM, haha....

All of us who worked together all those years will never forget the friendship that we all had...

October 16, 2007 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Jyon said...

thanks ling. those were the days man. for me the hardest thing was leaving the guys behind and my love affair with the co for almost 9 years!

October 17, 2007 at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home