Tuesday, July 12, 2005

..the day that many things happened...

...my manager just told me that he has thrown his resignation letter yesterday afternoon. oh my gawd, now i know wht he didnt want to go back to the office for meeting. ok, this is how the story goes...

yesterday morning, i was told to arrive in the shah alam office at 730am. which i did. i arrived at 723am. i waited and waited for my pm to go putrajaya for a presentation. he arrived at 8.05am. and that was the day the overhead bridge fell off the sky and the road was jam packed at the shah alam exit to nkve. eventually, we arived late and all the big shots in coat and tie were sitting and waiting for us. haih. nevermind that. then, the stupid notebook doesnt work. dohh. and when we finally got it to work, then the projector kenot support the dohh notebook cos its a wide screen. as thus, all those ppl were looking at me playing with the wires and stuff. double dohh.

anyway, after the presentation, we went back to shah alam and i slept most of the way. when reach shah alam office, then i was told tht the executive director was like so pissed with us, cos we did not attend the meeting in the morning with him. but dohh, this putrajaya thingy was set well ahead of time and we got scolded. but, i found out tht the meeting will be continued at 3. oh shucks! its 2.50pm and i am still in shah alam. so, i rushed back. i told my pm that i am goin back to the office and ask him if he wants to go. he said no. so, we were guessing why ler. so, now i know why. haih!

the meeting was ok. from 3pm till 730pm and gosh, headache..headache...they talked about so many things. so many stuff until my head cant take it anymore. i presented my progress in the meeting and i was like, haih...i am like stepping on my pm and say things behind his back liddat one. dem! feel so guilty.

i also told exec director about my pre post mortem thingy and he said to me that, "if you think the results you can reveal to me, by all means, let me know. if think its confidential, then keep it until u think its time to tell me. no pressure here, but just, if u think u need me to be involved, do tell me" and i was like, shucks...apa boleh buat ler me? did i say the wrong things? or am i to be found guilty of commiting a crime here. dem...i feel so bad.

i wanna learn how to be a good project manager. but where do i start? i read about 60 pages of a project management book. and one thing it says that capture me was, the phrase that project managers SHOULD NOT USE is, "YES, WE CAN DO IT" wakakaz...always analyse the situation. more of like, SEEK TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD thingy first. which is very true lor...

oh well, my pm is gonna leave us, apparently last day should be sept 9!!! and who is taking over the project? wakakaz...

2 Comments:

Anonymous MJ said...

can u afford it? do u want to lose it? I'm referring to ur job at ur company. Cos im thinking, the questions that u ask urself, why not risking it and just do it.

I am not so rajin to read through some 80-pages management book. But I can tell which manager is bad, worse or worst.

I like my 1st manager the most, I think he's only 8 years my senior, but he's climbed so high the corporate ladder, and being headhunted to all those big giant firm. He makes client very happy. He very pandai ampu the client. He sweet talks everyone, even his staff also like to chitchat with him. That's the only good thing about him, his charisma. Some people say he's smart, yes. Business smart. Even technically cannot do also, he can bullshit to client to believe him.

I guess there's a difference between being a leader vs being a manager. In this business world, no manager are honest! :)

Agree?

July 13, 2005 at 4:33 AM  
Anonymous Beach Boy said...

As someone mentioned...
A, b c d ...
equals to
1 2 3 4

Attitude = 100% for success

Try "bullshit", you'll be surprised ;)

July 14, 2005 at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home