Monday, October 30, 2006

...the time of the year...

...being the one in the spotlight once a year makes me feel uneasy. the feeling of the one in the middle of all attention sometimes freaks me off. its different when you are the emcee or the organizer who runs the event where being in the centre of attention is what i crave for, this time i feel awkward. yeah, the big 3-2; coming of age. got 2 cakes – one from dear (left) and another from incovar friends (right).

dear bought me a cake with blueberry toppings. hmm, dear knows my craving for blueberry cheesecake; of course the one i bought for uncle loon is my favourite among the many flavourings and designs. i had a wonderful time with dear.

at night, had late dinner with the incovarians friends. fred came to my place and pick me up. while waiting for the rest to arrive, we chatted and ate and chatted. the rest arrived an hour later and the table was not enough to fit everyone in. elsf was busy distributing her wedding invitation when suddenly her feng-feng-nism came to live again after a long silence. fred was busy teasing kengyan and everyone else just blended in the farnee chats and interesting topics while munching on the roti tissue. incovarians bought me a tiramisu cake. oh i could just be on cloud 9. coffee indulgence with tiramisu. ended the night with a long chat with fred.

colleagues were the next gang to celebrate the big 3-2. as usual the garden 2 tables tradition not to be missed. though no cake, no surprises, no nothing to shout about but it was the simple act of kindness that melts my heart. and wt arranged for a quiet dinner later in the night. had another session of inspiring chat with wt on alex’s hat and fred’s personality+ and how we can use these in our daily lives.

great big wonderful day. tiring. fun. excited. and of course received tonnes of sms and y! from friends all over. thanks to loon for helping me to publicize to all too. and had the longest msn chat with my friend success in 5 months.

happy birthday to me…



1 Comments:

Anonymous Aaron Tan said...

another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. time grabs you by the wrist direct you where to go.

October 30, 2006 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home